Handling & Merchandising
They say letting go is the hardest thing for parents do. Believe me, these are our babies! We’ve raised them right and watched them grow with pride. Please take a moment to check out our tips on how to properly care for them and show them off.
- FRESH….focus on it!
- Our research indicates, other than our rare growing conditions in Georgia, nothing effects flavor like FRESH.
- Peaches lose flavor and moisture under refrigeration….its necessary but minimize it. Ever had a mealy peach? BLAH
- Blow em out! Hopefully you will not have old peaches but if you discover movement is slow OR you found a few boxes in the back. GET THEM GONE…discount and go. First loss is best loss (look it up).
- Rotate…ROTATE, a no brainer we know however we think it is worth mentioning. Never place fresh peaches on top of older peaches.
- Minimize handling….another easy one. Strive towards the ‘single pivot.’ Limit handling to one move from carton to display or utilize existing carton/tray as part of the display.
- FOCUS HERE..ITS IMPORTANT work to receive peaches as often as possible from the warehouse. We work with the warehouse to deliver fresh peaches several times each week.
- Clean consistent displays..make it flow
- Red side up? Yep…it works. People incorrectly associate red with ripe. Take a few seconds to turn a few peaches on top red side up.
- Checklist…put peaches on the checklist. Make a point to inspect display 3x daily. Morning CHECK, Noon CHECK, early evening CHECK
- Cross-merchandise other items on or near the display to encourage use. Most recipes call for multiple peaches. Let’s get them eating more and more peaches!